Step 1: How Certified Pros Apply
Must apply September through November 2018
Certified Pro Requirements:
- Uploaded a minimum of $25,000 to their Certified Pro account within the last calendar year.
- Provide a certificate of insurance showing an in-force worker’s compensation policy and a waiver of subrogation from their insurance.
- Able to pay at least the State’s required minimum wage; however, $12-$15/hour or more would allow for an attractive recruitment and yield better results.
- Be able to supply tools for the job site, if needed.
Step 2: Apprentice Recruitment
Our Deckorators team will work through recruitment of all interested apprentices beginning November 2018 through February 2019. This will include:
- Source local recruitments based on each approved Certified Pro’s location.
- Work alongside each approved Certified pro to ensure the proper skills set and requests are included in each apprentice description.
- Perform an initial, in-depth interview and review references.
- Interviews will focus on past work experience, trade skill sets, mental perseverance, physical stamina, and examples of working as a team.
- The applicant must have reliable transportation, housing near the Certified Pro’s work area and at least 18 years of age.
- The Certified Pro will have the option for conducting their own final interview with the recommended Apprentice prior to final approval.
All apprentices will be selected by March 15, 2019.
Step 3: Deckorators Training Week
All apprentices must complete one Deckorators Training Week.
Training Week 1: April 21 - April 27, 2019 at Prairie du Chien, WI
Training Week 2: May 5 - May 11, 2019 at Prairie du Chien, WI
- The Certified Pro is responsible for providing the airfare, lodging and any meals for the Apprentice during training week.
- The Certified Pro/Apprentice will have the choice of selecting one of the two options listed above for their training week.
- The Apprentice must be already on the payroll of the Certified Pro by the time the Apprentice arrives for training.
- The Apprentice will have an intensive week-long training that will include:
- Hands on installation for deck and railing
- Best tips and tricks for deck building practices
- Benefits and features of Deckorators
- Learn how Deckorators products are made
- Upon the successful training of the Training Week by the Apprentice, Deckorators will post 2,500 points to the Certified Pro’s account to offset the costs associated with the Apprentice’s training week.
- 2,500 points per apprentice
Step 4: Deckorators Apprenticeship Period
Apprenticeship Term: June 1 - August 31, 2019
- Upon completion of the Apprenticeship, it is at the discretion of the Certified Pro if they would like to hire the Apprentice as a full-time team member.
- The Certified Pro has the right to terminate the Apprentice at any period during the Apprenticeship.