6 Quick Ways to Refresh Your Deck This Summer
Posted 5 July 2017 12:41 PM by Jase DeBoer
Your deck is an extension of your home, built to add space and style. And it deserves the same love and attention as your indoor living space when it comes to updates and improvements. Try these easy-to-add accessories to give your deck an affordable new personality this summer:
- Entertainment-ready rails – All it takes is a Deckorators® deck board railing connector. Easily attach a deck board to the top of your railing, making it wide enough to support a beverage while adding a sleek line of style.
- Baluster centerpiece – Give your spindles a dignified touch by adding centerpieces like a fleur-de-lis or classic collar. The centerpieces slide over and mount easily to existing balusters, round or square, and are available in black or bronze finish.
- Postcovers – Spruce up your deck posts with one- or two-piece covers made of fieldstone, cobblestone or stacked stone. The covers fit over 4x4 or 6x6 posts made of composite, vinyl or wood, turning them into pillars 3 ½- or 4 ½- feet high. You can top them off with gray or copper caps.
- Deck gate – Have a new grandbaby in the family? Maybe a new pet? Install a black aluminum deck gate that can be cut to size to fit your existing stairway opening.
- Lights – Add some nighttime visibility on your deck and stairs with solar accent lights. Lighting is a nice touch that also enhances your deck’s safety and security.
- Deck stones – No grout or mortar needed. Just use clips to attach premium-quality, natural slate or granite deck stones to your deck. Perfect for under a grill!
Imagine what you could dream up to make your deck look different! Take a closer look at ideas to personalize your deck this year.