Plan the Work. Work the Plan.
Posted 18 January 2018 9:17 PM by Jase DeBoer
You may already have an idea of the type of deck you’re looking to build, or maybe you are just starting to think about the project. According to most building professionals, a 12’ x 24’ elevated deck with a staircase and railing can take one to three weeks to build on average. Get ahead of your spring deck building project with these planning tips.
- Start researching 'deck trends' to find out what products are new to the market.
- From desktop to mobile platforms - there are a variety of options that allow you to digitally design your deck. The Deckorators Deck Visualizer is one of these useful tools. Not only does the Visualizer allow you to design your deck, it also allows you to select different backgrounds, place furniture on your deck or upload a photo of your own house into the deck design.
- Get in contact with a local contractor. Their schedules fill up fast as the spring season approaches. This step will help to solidify your spring build plans.
- Talk with your contractor about the design you would like to achieve and the type of activities your deck will be used for. They have the experience to provide suggestions on what will work and what won’t.
- Providing this information to your contractor allows them to possibly start ordering materials earlier, minimizing the chance of a building delay when you’re ready to start the project.
Now is the time to get the ball rolling with your deck project. We can help you find a local contractor to talk through the beginning stages of the process. Locate a Contractor.