Safety and style.
Deckorators® Stair Treads are available in gray and brown with a contrasting bullnose edge, which pairs well with all of our decking lines. Each stair tread measures 1" x 11-1/2" x 48". Add safety and style to your deck with Deckorators Stair Treads.
- Rich, vertical, embossed wood-grain pattern
- Unique extrusion process results in stronger and more reliable board
- Treads are capped with some of the most durable polymer technology available
- Industry's best warranty: 25-year Structural, 25-year Stain & Fade and 25-year Removal & Replacement
- Coordinating fascia is available in Classic decking colors, in addition to white
There have been changes in the last few years regarding the interpretation of the values generated during slip testing. ASTM Committee F13 creates standards for pedestrian safety and footwear. ASTM F13 currently has a working task group which is attempting to derive a system for determining when a surface can safely be called slip resistant. As of the last meeting, which was held in January, the task group has suggested that a slip resistant surface can be defined by using the values obtained during the validation process while testing reference surface C plus three standard deviations from the mean value generated for reference surface C. In validation studies for the Excel VIT, the value would be 0.21. The value for the Mark lll-B would be 0.38.
In residential applications, Deckorators decking should be installed on joists spaced 16" on-center when the boards are running perpendicular to the support joists. Decking boards running on a diagonal pattern should be installed on joists spaced 12" on-center. Contact Deckorators Customer Service team at 800-556-8449 for commercial applications.
SEE ALL FAQ
While no formal testing has been done, we have not seen or heard of any ill effects from standard pool chemicals.