Nouveau Arch Solar
Ornate, arched detail.
The Arch Solar Post Cap is one of five modernized post caps in the Deckorators Nouveau Collection. The post cap's arched design is timeless and easily coordinates with any look.
- Easily attaches to standard wood posts
- Solar collector is hidden for a clean appearance
- Inside dimensions measure 3-5/8" x 3-5/8"
- Can be placed on posts measuring 3-1/2" x 3-1/2"
The Nouveau Collection is unique from other solar post caps because the solar collector is not visible from the outside. Sunlight passes through the frosted lens to the solar collector inside the cap, which then transfers the energy to the two AA rechargeable batteries inside.
- At the base of the post cap there is a hole in the center. Using the wood screw that is included in the packaging, attach the solar post cap to the wood post.
- To access the batteries, remove the lens, twist counter clockwise and lift up. Then remove the solar collector unit by twisting counter clockwise and lifting up. Replace each by inserting and twisting clockwise.
The LED bulbs are part of the whole solar cell component and are not designed to be replaced. The LED bulbs have an average life of 10 years, with a normal usage of 6 to 8 hours per day. We do have Solar Collector Replacement Units available.
The rechargeable batteries should last approximately one year.
SEE ALL FAQ
No, the solar post cap light is designed to be used with rechargeable batteries. If regular batteries are used in the sun, they will destroy the solar collector. We do have Solar Collector Replacement Units available for some post cap lights.